Have You Recently Been Waitlisted? We Can Help.
You’ve recently been applying for colleges and you learn that you are put on a waitlist for one of your dream schools. This can be a very stressful part of applying for colleges but don’t worry, it is not too late to turn your application around and become an admit! AdmissionsCheckup is here to review your application and help you make the case to get off the waitlist and on to the ‘Accepted’ list.
Yes, It’s Possible. Here’s Why:
Consider these three facts about Colleges and Universities:
- They care about their admissions numbers and offer acceptance rates.
- They determine who to accept based on a number of factors, including (but not limited to) the quality of the student applications and essays.
- They have the flexibility to hear appeals, change their minds, and reverse their decisions — but they won’t do that unless there’s a compelling case.
- Students get waitlisted for a variety of reasons that are beyond their control. If there is something in an application that gives the admissions officer pause, we help you identify it so that you can address it in future communication with the school.
If they’re on the fence about admitting you, your job is to gently nudge them toward admitting you and give them a reason to change their decision.
How to Get Off the Waitlist
What you’ll need to do to is shore up anything that could have been lacking in your application and make sure the school knows you will attend if admitted.
- We will help to clarify aspects of your application that might have been unclear when you initially submitted.
- We will help catch the “red flags” that could have caused you to be waitlisted, and provide you with advice on how to mitigate them.
- We will provide you feedback about where your application and essay could have been stronger.
Additionally, we’ll also send you an example appeal letter you can use as a template for crafting your own case — along with your revamped application — for gaining immediate acceptance to the school that waitlisted you.
Positive: Communication, Professionalism, Quality, Value. Our son received an offer from his top choice and many others (including 2 Ivy Leagues). They are thorough.
– Sheryl Mejia
Why Choose Our College Admissions Experts?
Our former admissions officers are professionals in successfully making deferred students become admitted students. They have years of experience that contribute to their admissions guidance, as they were once the ones who made admission decisions.
While family, friends, teachers, or guidance counselors are all great resources to have for revisions and advice, our admissions officers don’t know you personally so we are offering totally unbiased criticism of your application. We will tell you where we think your application could have been better and how to fix it. We can help you assess your chances of becoming an accepted student to the college of your choice.
Confidential, Truthful, and Fast Feedback
AdmissionsCheckup offers feedback that is direct, candid, confidential, and fast. All submissions are 100% confidential. Your application will be critiqued by up to three admissions officers and you will receive accurate, direct, and fast assistance on how to improve your college application.
If you were recently put on a waitlist, don’t worry. You still have options and time to update your application and improve your college application. Get the feedback you need from our former admissions officers in as little as 24 hours. Contact us today for more information.