One of the most common questions we hear from our clients is how to upload your application to AdmissionsCheckup.com. Here are step-by-step instructions for a successful upload of all application pieces (including essays and transcripts) and you will be one step closer to a better, stronger application!
(We recommend using Safari or Firefox for an easier download process.)
- Find your CommonApp username/email and password.
- Go to commonapp.org.
- Click “Log In” in the top right hand corner, then click “Student.”
- Enter your username/email and password.
- Find your #1 school in the Dashboard and click on its name. Two tabs will appear; under the “Status” tab, you should see the the word “Ready” next to “Common Application,” “Questions,” “Recommenders and FERPA” and “Writing Questions” (if your school has a writing supplement).
- Click the “Review and Submit” button. (Note: you are not actually submitting your application!) A PDF preview of your application will appear.
- Open the PDF in Preview.
- Save the PDF to your computer.
Essays and Other Required Materials From #1 School
(We recommend using Chrome for an easier download process.)
- From Google Drive: Open your essay in Google Docs editing mode.
- Export it as a PDF by clicking “File,” hovering over “Download as,” and clicking “PDF Document (pdf).”
- From Microsoft Word: Open your essay in editing mode.
- Click “File,” “Save as,” and from the dropdown menu under the format tab, click “PDF” Transcript.
- If you have a JPEG, export it to a PDF.
- If you don’t have a formal transcript, type it into a Google or Word document and save it as a PDF.
Once you’ve saved all of your documents as PDFs, you are ready to upload your application to Admissions Checkup! If you have questions or would like our coupon code for $30 off, please email us at email@example.com. Good luck!