Where is Fordham University Located?
Fordham University, located in the heart of the vibrant city of New York, offers students an urban campus experience with access to countless cultural and recreational opportunities. Situated in the Bronx, Fordham’s Rose Hill campus boasts beautiful green spaces and historic architecture
- Times Square
- Central Park
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Broadway theaters
- The Bronx Zoo
- The New York Botanical Garden
- Yankee Stadium (home to the New York Yankees)
- The Apollo Theater
- The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA)
- Rockefeller Center and Top of the Rock Observation Deck
- The High Line
- Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty
Is Fordham University an Ivy League School?
Fordham University is not part of the Ivy League. The Ivy League is an athletic conference consisting of eight private institutions in the Northeastern United States
The Ivy League schools are:
- Brown University
- Columbia University
- Cornell University
- Dartmouth College
- Harvard University
- University of Pennsylvania
- Princeton University
- Yale University
Admission Requirements for Fordham University
Application Process for Fordham University
- Undergraduate applications for Fordham University are submitted via the university’s application portal.
- Prerequisites for undergraduate admission include:
- Letter of Recommendation
- English Language Proficiency Test Results
- Fordham University Statement of Funding or CSS Profile
- Fordham University also mandates completion of the Common Application essay and provides the chance for a brief (150-word max) response to a prompt.
Standardized Tests: What Tests Are Required for Fordham University
Fordham University has implemented a test-optional policy for the 2020-2021 application cycle. This means that SAT or ACT scores are not required but can be included if you wish. If you opt to submit your test scores, you can use the following codes: SAT code: 2259; ACT code: 2748. It’s important to be aware that specific requirements may vary for international applicants, transfer students, and those applying to theatre, dance, and visual arts majors.
Scholarships and Financial Aid at Fordham University
- Fordham University provides various scholarships and grants to support undergraduate students.
- These financial aids include merit-based scholarships awarded by the Office of Undergraduate Admission’s scholarship committees.
- Some scholarships may be granted by the Office of Financial Services based on students’ eligibility.
- All undergraduate applicants are automatically considered for scholarships such as the Cunniffe Presidential Scholarship, Semifinalist and National Recognition Program Scholarships, and the Dean’s Scholarship.
- International students also have access to specific scholarship opportunities designed to meet their needs.
- You can find detailed information on these financial aids by visiting the Undergraduate Financial Aid section on Fordham University’s website.
Top Undergraduate Programs at Fordham University
- Fordham University boasts a diverse range of over 70 undergraduate majors, minors, and pre-professional programs.
- Among the most favored fields of study are accounting, business administration, and finance.
- Additionally, popular programs encompass marketing, engineering, social sciences, and liberal arts.
- These undergraduate majors are generally available at both Fordham campuses, namely Lincoln Center and Rose Hill.
- However, some programs, like dance and theatre, are exclusive to Lincoln Center, while others like biological sciences and chemistry are offered at Rose Hill.