Where is Fairfield University Located?
Fairfield University, nestled in the charming coastal town of Fairfield, Connecticut, offers a unique blend of academic excellence and serene natural beauty. Located just an hour from New York City, this Jesuit institution provides students with an ideal environment for learning and relaxation.
Location: Fairfield University enjoys a picturesque location on Connecticut’s Gold Coast, known for its stunning beaches, historic neighborhoods, and vibrant cultural scene.
- Fairfield Beach: With miles of sandy shores and picturesque views of Long Island Sound, Fairfield Beach is a local gem for sunbathing, swimming, and water activities.
- Downtown Fairfield: A short drive from campus, downtown Fairfield boasts charming boutiques, restaurants, and a lively arts community.
- The Fairfield Museum and History Center: Explore the town’s rich history and cultural heritage through captivating exhibits and events.
- Sherman Green: A historic town square surrounded by quaint shops and eateries, perfect for a leisurely stroll.
- Seaside Park: Located in nearby Bridgeport, this expansive park features beaches, walking trails, and recreational facilities.
Is Fairfield University an Ivy League School?
Fairfield University is not an Ivy League school. The Ivy League refers to a group of eight prestigious private institutions in the United States.
The Ivy League schools are:
- Brown University
- Columbia University
- Cornell University
- Dartmouth College
- Harvard University
- University of Pennsylvania
- Princeton University
- Yale University
Admission Requirements for Fairfield University
Application Process for Fairfield University
Application Process for Fairfield University:
Applying to Fairfield University is straightforward. Here is a step-by-step guide to the application process:
- Application Platform: You can easily apply through the Common Application.
- Required Materials: To complete your application, please provide the following documents:
- Official secondary school transcript
- Secondary school report form, duly filled out by your college counselor
- Personal statement (Common Application essay)
- Application fee of $60 or request an official fee waiver
- SAT or ACT scores (optional)
- Test-Optional Policy: Fairfield University follows a test-optional policy. This means you have the choice to submit or not submit SAT or ACT scores as part of your application.
- Submission Deadlines for the Class of 2024:
- Early Action: November 1, 2023
- Regular Decision: January 15, 2024
Standardized Tests: What Tests Are Required for Fairfield University
Fairfield University has implemented a test-optional standardized testing policy, which allows applicants the choice of whether to submit SAT or ACT scores as part of their application1. It’s worth noting that during the 2018-19 admissions cycle, a significant portion of admitted students, approximately 58%, chose to submit SAT scores2. For the most current and precise details, we suggest referring to Fairfield University’s official Admissions page.
Scholarships and Financial Aid at Fairfield University
Fairfield University provides a range of scholarships and grants to assist students in funding their education, and these awards are administered by the Office of Financial Aid in line with donors’ intentions1. When applying for financial aid, students are automatically considered for the various scholarships listed on the Fairfield University website
Top Undergraduate Programs at Fairfield University
Per US News, some of the most sought-after undergraduate majors at Fairfield University encompass:
- Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services
- Health Professions and Related Programs
- Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs
- Social Sciences
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Visual and Performing Arts