AdmissionsCheckup can help turn a waitlist into an admit.
College Deferral or Waitlist?
There is no getting around it. Being waitlisted or having your college admissions decision deferred is disappointing, even devastating, especially if it is your top-choice school. The worst part is trying to understand why. With an insider’s perspective, our admissions officers can help you figure it out. Best of all, they can offer feedback to enhance the chances of turning a college waitlist or deferral “Maybe” into a “Yes!”
How AdmissionsCheckup can help
- AdmissionsCheckup will clarify aspects of your application that might have been unclear when initially submitted. (Admissions departments do not have the time, resources or desire to sort out “mixed messages.”)
- We’ll catch “red flags” that could have caused you to be waitlisted or deferred, and give you advice on how to mitigate them; the good news is that it is not too late.
- We’ll let you know where your application could have been stronger, enabling you to bolster your application and write a more effective, persuasive “update letter” to schools where you are currently waitlisted or deferred.
Why AdmissionsCheckup is qualified
- Our admissions officers have evaluated and made admit, deny, defer and waitlist determinations for thousands of applications. They know what influences admissions decisions because they’re the ones who made those decisions.
- We don’t know you. We’re not your family or friends, teachers or guidance counselors. Because we’re totally unbiased, we can take a critical, unflinching look at what went awry on your application, tell you, and help you fix it. We’ll help you realistically assess your chances of becoming accepted to the colleges where you have been deferred or waitlisted.
- We don’t mince words. AdmissionsCheckup feedback is direct, candid, confidential and fast.
And though your college application is, of course, all about you, our admissions officers know firsthand that external factors can impact whether a college defers or waitlists any applicant. Here is where to go for a behind-the-scenes look at the decision process and the actions you should take now after receiving your college waitlist or deferral notice.
As a deferred or waitlisted student, you have options. Improve your application and get feedback from our admissions officers in as little as 24 hours.